Well, that was fun. So much fun that I decided to come up with a Top 5 list to commemorate the conclusion of a very strange chapter in Canadian history.
Immediately on the heels of the announcement that the Emergencies Act is being revoked, I present to you the Top 5 Reasons the Canadian Government Will Next Invoke the Emergencies Act:
5. Early-spring snowstorm in Toronto.
4. Toronto Maple Leafs eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
3. Ottawa Senators (the hockey players, who are only slightly less relevant than their namesakes in the Upper House) miss the playoffs.
2. Toronto Raptors fall behind 3-2 in a best-of-7 series with the Boston Celtics.
- “Existential climate crisis”