Summary of today’s events courtesy of Al Jazeera:
- The U.S. has announced that about 20 aid trucks will be allowed to enter Gaza via Egypt in the coming days, with Israel saying it will not block the aid.
- The announcement follows a visit to Israel by President Joe Biden, after which Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Washington’s support “will ensure continuation” of the war.
- The Gaza Health Ministry says at least 1,300 people remain missing under the rubble in the besieged Palestinian enclave, including 600 children.
- As calls grow for a ceasefire, the U.S. has vetoed a UN Security Council resolution calling for a humanitarian pause in the fighting.
- Outrage and protests continue across the Middle East over a strike on a Gaza hospital that Palestinian officials say killed more than 470 people.
- Israel and fighters in Lebanon have engaged in more cross-border fighting, with an observer also reporting Israeli strikes in Syria.