Yeah, you are right – that’s a pretty cocky headline. But, ironically, the reason I can say such a thing is because we at BIG Media practise intellectual humility. We listen more closely to our critics than our fans. And we employ the scientific method in our work, constantly trying to prove ourselves wrong as we assemble our content.
If you can find another media outlet that covered any of these topics more accurately and with more insightful, logical analysis, please include a link to the article(s) in the comments below. I genuinely love to celebrate great journalism, but – and I am guessing most of you would agree – there is not a lot of journalism worth celebrating these days.
Now for that Top 10 list …
10. Climate change and energy: context for the great debate
9. Assessing the relative lethality of COVID-19: a Canadian case study
8. Renewable energy – renewing hope or struggling to cope?
7. Texas energy crisis – Power struggle – data analysis puts Texas energy debacle in perspective
6. Sea level is rising; should we be worried?
5. The intersection of music and science – Music, mathematics, and physics
4. The principles of biomedical ethics – Mounting COVID frustration is no reason to abandon fundamental principles
3. Putting global emissions in perspective
2. Understanding science – Do you ‘believe the science’? How about starting with understanding the science?