… but may not know if you get your news from mainstream or social media
… plus an answer key in the form of fact-focused (and a couple of tongue-in-cheek) articles.
7. There is a grand total of zero giant islands (or continents) of plastic floating in the Pacific Ocean. Taking a critical look at the ‘Great Pacific Garbage Patch’
6. Sea level is not rising at a catastrophic level in some areas. Hint: it is one ocean and sea level has been rising slowly and steadily since the last glacial maximum about 21,000 years ago … and humans, other animals, and plant life continue to adapt. Sea level is rising; should we be worried?
5. It is OK to talk to strangers. BIG Media birth – stranger then (non-)fiction
3. Deaths from influenza have increased dramatically since widespread flu vaccination was introduced. COVID-19 is definitely not the flu
2. Your risk of dying from COVID-19 is extremely low if you are a healthy person. COVID context – how concerned should we be about dying from this virus? Assessing the relative lethality of COVID-19: a Canadian case study
1. Earth is not flat. Flat Earthers’ sphere mongering: to be or(b) not to be